Sunday, February 20, 2011

Claro's Italian Market

Ok...so I grew up in an Italian family in a suburb of New Haven, Connecticut. New Haven pizza was just named the best pizza globally...btw! So needless to say the area was loaded with the best Italian food and restaurants anywhere. Turn the clock ahead to today...I'm living in Southern California where the mahi fish tacos run rampant and the scenery is stunning but the Italian food...eh...not so good. I happened to find one Italian market in all of South Orange County...Claro's Italian Market in Tustin, CA. I have to say I thank God for this place. It's kind of like Liuzzi's. Great sausage (a staple..lol), really extensive olive oil selection, killer cheese and the pasta...fabulous! The pastries aren't as good as they are at home but they'll just have to do.
Can we say ABBONDANZA?!

No comments:

Post a Comment